OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

loading plugins in tinyMCE

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

loading plugins in tinyMCE

Postby pcdavid » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:56 am

Hello everyone,

Using the static pages plugin, I created a page and I used html to edit its content. Now, I want to use html in the setup (5.2) Journal Homepage Content just as I did with the static pages.

BUT...
even though I'm using the same tinyMCE tool as html editor for both the static pages plugin and the setup step 5.2 (you can see them both in the picture #1), it seems that it is loading different plugins (as shown in the picture #2).

if it is the same tool and the same version, how can I make it load the same plugins as the one that is working in the static pages plugin?

basically, the problem is that when I use the tinyMCE editor in the static pages plugin, I can edit the html code as much as I want, and once I save it, it remains just as I typed it, but with the same tinyMCE editor in the journal homepage content step 5.2 of the setup, I write the html code and then I save it, but when I click update, it seems my code is modified, and some of the elements and functions that I've written on it, just dissapear.

So, how can I keep my code without modifications once I save it in the journal homepage content?

I have done something similar before to be able to edit the content on that static pages plugin, I modified some of the code in the file ojs/plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesEditForm.inc.php
But I don't know what is the file that I must edit for the journal homepage content in the setup.

Thanks,

david
Attachments
2 tinyMCEplugins.jpg
2 tinyMCEplugins.jpg (228.04 KiB) Viewed 339 times
1 tinyMCE.jpg
1 tinyMCE.jpg (232.52 KiB) Viewed 339 times
pcdavid

Re: loading plugins in tinyMCE

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:57 am

Hi David,

See the "callback" function in plugins/generic/tinymce/TinyMCEPlugin.inc.php -- this sets up the plugins for everything TinyMCE-enabled except for the static pages plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: loading plugins in tinyMCE

Postby pcdavid » Thu May 03, 2012 11:53 am

thanks Man,

It worked :)
pcdavid

Return to OJS Technical Support