OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[Urgent] Problem PDF Show in articel

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

[Urgent] Problem PDF Show in articel

Postby yudaermawan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:19 am

at first i think the problem in my browser, but when i upload OJS(2.3.7) the PDF articel is still not show in another mozilla, im sure di PDF plugin is installed in my browser, But Why The PDF can't show in OJS? this is my URL OJS ==> http://baliwebprogrammer.com/ojs/index. ... e/view/3/2

this is my second post aboot this topic, Please somebody help, im in deadline project :( :( :(
yudaermawan

Re: [Urgent] Problem PDF Show in articel

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi yudaermawan,

It appears that there is some sort of problem with your file, the directory that you are using to store the submission files, or the server itself. The reason why I think this is because when I click on the "Download this PDF file" link, I see only a blank screen. Blank screens are usually indicative of a PHP or server error in the background. I'd suggest looking at your server's error logs to see if you can get a better idea as to what the problem is. If I had to guess, I'd say this is probably a permissions issue.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby yudaermawan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:48 am

Hai James. .

The main problem is not downloading pdf file and blank screen, but why the pdf file cannot embed in OJS? it specialy for Firefox. . when i use chrome and IE8 it work properly?? any idea?
yudaermawan

Postby aruncs » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 am

Hi,
I too have a similar problem, I have posted in some forums, but no response. In my case the pdf is not displaying in Firefox and IE. It shows a blank part. In my case, when I download the pdf, it is downloading and I could open it. The problem is only with the display. I asked my host provider, he said that the pdf is not compatible with firefox, it has something to do with the OJS. Please help me. It is very urgent. I have posted several times this same problem, but no response. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Arun
aruncs

Postby yudaermawan » Wed May 09, 2012 8:55 am

Yes, Finaly i find a solution, just download Mozilla 12 (don't upgrade and import from old cache and personal data from old mozilla), and PDF wil embed from your mozilla. .
yudaermawan

Return to OJS Technical Support