OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Upload failure after server limit exceeded

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Upload failure after server limit exceeded

Postby jayfitzsimmons » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Hello OJSers,

I am unable to upload article files during article submission. Last week I submitted two articles in a row without problem, and then the third one got to Step 2 of submission but when I clicked "upload" the browser would act like it was working but then no file was uploaded. I tried this on different computers with the same result. Our server host revealed that we were over our limits for traffic and database disk space, both of which they have subsequently increased for us. Yet even now after we have server space, I still cannot upload article files. I don't know whether this is a problem on the OJS end of things or our server's side of things. Is there some way to "reboot" OJS so the new server space kicks in? I'm really at a loss of what to do. I'd be happy to share my username and password with anyone who could help.

Thank you in advance for any advice,
Jay
jayfitzsimmons

Re: Upload failure after server limit exceeded

Postby JasonNugent » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi Jay,

Can you upload anything at all, or is it just this new file? There is also a file size upload limit for PHP that might be bumping into. If a small file works, that would be a strong indication that this is the case.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby jayfitzsimmons » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:36 am

Thanks for the response Jason. I can't upload any file unfortunately.
Jay
jayfitzsimmons

Postby JasonNugent » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi Jay,

Do you know how your host is limiting disk space or bandwidth? are you sure they fixed the disk space problem? Checking this may be difficult, since it could be done via software (like a quota system), or some physical disk management.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby jayfitzsimmons » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi Jason,

I'm pretty sure the server host has indeed increased the database disk space and traffic allowance. I can log in via an internet browser to view our site resource usage, including actual usage and limit. The limits were increased a few days ago, so none of our usage appears over limits.

Jay
jayfitzsimmons

Postby discoveryjournals » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello Jay,

Did you solve the problem, if so please update the process, as we also facing the same issue here. Appreciated your response.
discoveryjournals

Postby jayfitzsimmons » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi Discoveryjournals,

I did end up fixing the problem, but not easily. We had encountered several server host problems, and this was the last straw. We switched servers to be hosted by the PKP team at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver. It costs a lot more than we were paying before, but we've had no more problems so it has been worth the expense for us. Sorry I can't provide you with an easier solution.

Jay
jayfitzsimmons

Postby discoveryjournals » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks Jay for the update. I shall see what can be done with my hosting company.
discoveryjournals

Return to OJS Technical Support