OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

No Submission File Uploaded

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

No Submission File Uploaded

Postby sesch » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:15 am

Hi,

On OJS 2.2.4.0 we have the error message in the subject in step 3 of the submission process. In http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1223 you say:
Check your PHP configuration to ensure that file_uploads is enabled, upload_max_filesize and post_max_size are set to reasonable limits, and upload_tmp_dir is valid.

But I don't think it's this because when I skip step 3 I can upload a supplementary file.

Edit, adding this: I'm just trying to upload galleys which gives a similar problem: on the editing page of a submission I check "galley", choose my file, click "upload". The following page (where I have to save it) it doesn't show neither the original file name nor the file size Screenshot: http://i-jet.org/dl/screenshot.gif. When I preview the issue, I click the pdf-link, but the pdf doesn't open: blank screen.

Please help, this is urgent, thank you!
Sebastian
sesch

Re: No Submission File Uploaded

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:34 am

Hi Sebastian,

Can you have a look in your server logs to see if there are errors or warnings about permissions on directories?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby sesch » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:02 am

Hi Jason,

thanks a lot, for your answer. Indeed, there was problem with the permissions in some directories. We had just moved our complete OJS with 5 journals to another server.

Thanks again, and have a nice week!
Sebastian.
sesch

Postby warto » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:52 pm

what path directory should change permission
warto

Postby asmecher » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi warto,

See the files_dir setting in your config.inc.php configuration file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support