OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

how to edit publication year field?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

how to edit publication year field?

Postby mbraga » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 am

Hi, I'm uploading older issues of my journal and I don't get any optios for publication prior to 2002. How can I change this (I need to go as far back as 2000). Thanks!
mbraga

Re: how to edit publication year field?

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 am

Hi mbraga,

If you need to go back further than ten years, you can make a small change to one of the OJS templates to allow this. Edit this file:

Code: Select all
templates/editor/issues/issueData.tpl

and then edit line 97 and line 101 and change the "-10" to a different lower limit so you can go back further.

Just remember that this is a customization and if you upgrade OJS in the future this will be overwritten. The alternative is to use the import data plugin and bring in your back issues that way, using an XML document.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby domarchadmin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:00 am

Hello,

I too wanted to enter in a publication date for issues published earlier than 2002. So I edited the server-side issue data file as you recommended, Jason, and changed the "-10" to "-22" in order to enter a publication date of 1990. I changed a single instance of the -10 (at line 95 in my version of the file, not 97) and saved. I then logged in to OJS and tried to access the Issue Data tab for the issue whose metadata I wanted to edit. The Issue Data screen never resolved and stayed blank. I tried refreshing the website, then clearing the cache but nothing works and I can no longer edit the Issue Data for any issues. For what it's worth I changed the "-22" back to "-10" and saved the file but doing so made no difference for my ability to access the "Issue Data" tabs. Please help!

--Steven
domarchadmin

Postby piotreba » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:51 am

When you set issue published date for the first time choose any year. After saving, go back to issue data again, you will have additional years available.
piotreba

Return to OJS Technical Support