OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

scheduledTasks not running properly

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

scheduledTasks not running properly

Postby Sherman » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:47 pm

Possible installation/config problem: Before going public, I've set myself up as a delinquent reviewer on a dummy MS. But I'm not getting daily e-mails reminding me of my delinquency. Here's what I know:

- I'm at least a week overdue on a few dummy MSs
- the scheduled_tasks table has a tasks.ReviewReminder entry (for class_name) with just after midnight this morning
- I haven't received an e-mail (in several days)

What else do I need to check in debugging this?

Sherman
Sherman

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi Sherman,

A few things to check:
  • You're running the most recent release of OJS (currently version 2.1.0-1)
  • Scheduled tasks are enabled in config.inc.php
  • The tools/runScheduledTasks.php script is being run by a cron-type daemon
  • The task isn't flagged as having run too recently, i.e. the last_run column in the scheduled_tasks table is more than a day ago
  • The last reminder wasn't more recent than the number of weeks ago specified in the automated reminders section of Journal Setup
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby Sherman » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:45 pm

The last reminder wasn't more recent than the number of weeks ago specified in the automated reminders section of Journal Setup

I want to make sure I understand how this operates: In Step 2. Journal Policies, there is the following item:
  • If reviewer has not submitted a recommendation within [#] days after review's due date.
Two questions:
  • Whatever number of days is listed in that item (if I'm looking at the right item) is sort of like a cycle: it reminds authors every N days rather than every day.
  • Another question: if the number = 0, does that turn the reminding off?
Sherman

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:57 pm

Hi Sherman,

Setting the number of days to 0 does not disable the reminders. A correction: Automated reminders are only sent once per review assignment (see line 117 in classes/tasks/ReviewReminder.inc.php).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby Sherman » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:25 pm

Ah... and it now works. We're going live!
Sherman

Re: scheduledTasks not running properly

Postby marchitelli » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 am

I was going crazy, but finally I read that
The last reminder wasn't more recent than the number of weeks ago specified in the automated reminders section of Journal Setup

so OJS run scheduled tasks only once per day, if it is scheduled once per hour too!
:)

Can be better to update the info at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2. ... onfig.html

Andrea
marchitelli

Return to OJS Technical Support