OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Empty Email Templates in not english languages

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Empty Email Templates in not english languages

Postby vlilloh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:53 am

Hi,

I just make a new installation of OJS 2.3.6.

For any journal, in Journal Manager -> Prepared Emails, all email templates are empty in not english languages (spanish, portuguese, ...). However, the translated texts themselves are in the table 'email_templates_default_data'. Does OJS is not reading properly this table?

It also happens to me in a OJS 2.3.5 installation in a different server.

Cheers.
vlilloh

Re: Empty Email Templates in not english languages

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Vicente,

Do you have anything in those languages' locale/xx_XX/emailTemplates.xml files? That is actually where the templates in the database are loaded from originally. But it is strange that nothing is showing up, as these languages should be included in the versions you are using.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby vlilloh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:11 am

Hi James,

Yes, everything is ok in "locale/xx_XX/emailTemplates.xml" files. In the table "email_templates_default_data" everything is ok too.

But the strange thing is that nothing is showing up in Journal Manager -> Prepared Emails -> Any Email Template, in not english languages :(

By default, information in Journal Manager -> Prepared Emails -> Any Email Template is captured from "email_templates_default_data" table?

Custom information in Journal Manager -> Prepared Emails -> Any Email Template is captured correctly from "email_templates_data" for any language.

Thanks,
Cheers.
vlilloh

Postby mcrider » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:49 am

Hi Vicente,

This is working fine on my end -- Perhaps some of your custom work is interfering with the email management code? When you edit an email template, it should copy that email template, for *every* language in the system (not just languages you are using, but every possible language supported by OJS) into the email_templates_data table.

If you don't think this has anything to do with customized code -- What are your language settings for your site and your journal? And, are you seeing anything in your error long when you save an edited email template?

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby mbria » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:25 am

Hi Vicente et. al,

I arrive today to the "bug" you reported.

I can confirm the same happens to me in a clean OJS 2.3.6 where we were loading and testing a new Catalan translation (it will be released soon):
http://revistes.uab.cat/ojs-traduccio

While the Custom Locale plugin shows all email templates:
http://revistes.uab.cat/ojs-traduccio/t ... edit/ca_ES

I don't see any in the "Prepared Emails" page:
http://revistes.uab.cat/traduccio/manager/emails

I reviewed xml headers to be "ca_ES" (and "Catalan").
I clean all caches, reload translation and reload plugins...

The funny part is that I can see the spanish emails (the ones that Vicente reported) without any trouble.

Vicente, if you finally found the "culprit", please, let us know.

Gracias por adelantado, ;-)
Thanks in advance,
m.

PD: PKP people or Vicente. If you want to log into this testing magazine and take a look, you just need to ask for the user/pass in a private message.
mbria

Postby mbria » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:15 am

BTW, I missed to say that locale/ca_ES/emailTemplates.xml is well formed and validates:
$ xmllint --noout --valid emailTemplates.xml

More than this, every xml file is well formed and valid:
$ xmllint --noout --valid `find . -name \*.xml`

Should this issue be related with DB tables instead of xml files?

Thanks,
m.
mbria

Return to OJS Technical Support