OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Compose old issues without the revision system

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Compose old issues without the revision system

Postby vazquezm » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:47 am

Hi,
I have previously published issues of my journal. I have all the articles in PDFs. Now I am using OJS for the new issues.
Is there any way to upload PDFs and compose the old issues in the OJS without to pass through the revision system?.

Manuel
vazquezm

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:35 pm

Hi Vazquezm,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=676 for information on this. The "expedite submission" feature is part of OJS 2.1, and can be used as described at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=692.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby ang2el » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:03 am

Thanks Alec,

Ultimately I got this link but what to do with this?

Fixed in CVS. See
http://research2.csci.educ.ubc.ca/cgi-b ... 37;r2=1.38
for a patch to correct this.

Patch to correct this at:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/ojs2/c ... 37;r2=1.38

can you tell me what to do?
ang2el

Postby asmecher » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi ang2el,

That's a patch file. Usually you'd apply patch files using the GNU "patch" tool, but if you're not familiar with how to use it, the quickest thing to do is probably to download a newer copy of classes/submission/editor/EditorAction.inc.php. Save the file from http://pkp.sfu.ca/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ojs2/classes/submission/editor/EditorAction.inc.php?rev=1.38;content-type=application%2Fx-httpd-php and replace the existing version in your OJS installation with it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Compose old issues without the revision system

Postby ang2el » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:52 pm

Dear Allec

I downloaded the files and replaced it in the specified folder but I didn't see any changes....

I am so sorry for being dumb, I am novice.

What did I miss?

Thanks once again
ang2el

Postby ang2el » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Can anyone help me to ge the edited file so that I could just upload them.

Thanks in advance
ang2el

Postby asmecher » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:52 am

Hi ang2el,

Did you follow the directions at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=692?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ang2el » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:13 am

Alec ,

I tried a lot but I couldn't get it. Could you please help me ?

Thanks in advance.

N.B. I just want to publish my old issues without undergoing submission and editorial process.
ang2el

Postby asmecher » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:59 am

Hi ang2el,

1. If you click on "User Home", do you see an entry for "Editor" and an entry for "Author"? If not, you need to make sure you're enrolled as both (using the Journal Manager's Enrollment functions).

2. When you finish the author's submission process, you should see a link with the following text:
If this submission is in a format that is ready to be published without further review, editing, or layout work, it can be placed directly in the last stage of the Editing queue by CLICKING HERE. (Note: Only journal editors have this option for their submissions.)
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ramon » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:27 am

Alec,

Does the patch fix a possible problem of article "ownership"?
I received an e-mail from a user that used the expedite function.
When viewing the article listing by author, the Editor is listed as author of all the articles, which also happened in OJS 1.x unless you removed the first author (the editor).
In version 2, I haven't tested thoroughly, but I don't see an option to remove the author...

I'm not sure if you've encountered this problem.
ramon

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:50 am

Hi Ramón,

Article "ownership" belongs to the user who submitted the article and performed the expedite. This doesn't interfere in any way with authorship -- during the submission process, the first author record will be initialized with the submitting user's information, but if that isn't accurate, the submitter is free to change it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ramon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:32 pm

Alec,

Unfortunately, when using the Expedite function, if you search for the Editor who submitted all the articles appear.
Is this how it's supposed to work? Is this a control feature to know who added the articles?

If so, let me know. Could this be fixed, do that the Editor doesn't show up on a search by that author?
It's confusing, because the articles are "attached" to that user, even though he/she is not listed as an author of the article.
ramon

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi Ramón,

Odd -- could you try running tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php to see if a re-index corrects the problem?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support