OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Issue Title/Description

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Issue Title/Description

Postby buggy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:08 pm

A number of our journals are using a welcome message above the table of contents (see http://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/ojs/index.php/portal for an example). They're doing this by editing the "Additional Content" in the section 5.2 of the journal setup (Journal Homepage Content). Obviously this isn't ideal because the welcome changes each issue and has led us to having to include it as an article too.

I've notice in 2.1 each issue has a Title and Description associated with it but I can't find where this information is display. None of the templates seem to be using it. I'm thinking about modifying our templates to include the following code to display this information:

Code: Select all
{if $issue->getTitle()}
        <h2>{$issue->getTitle()}</h2>
{/if}
{if $issue->getDescription()}
        <div>{$issue->getDescription()}</div>
{/if}

Is this safe? Am I missing where this information is being used? Is it being collection and simply not displayed?

All advice is appreciated.

Richard
buggy

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Hi Richard,

We recently noticed that this information wasn't being used, and we'll be making it visible in the next incremental release; in the meantime, feel free to add it to the templates.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Issue title not displayed in Current Issue Index/ToC

Postby ramon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:18 am

Alec,

I remember this was discussed somewhere, but can't find it here in the forum.

How do I get the Issue title to be displayed in the Current Issue page (index/Toc)?

I remember something about a patch, but can't figure out where...
ramon

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Ramón,

There's a bugzilla entry and patch for OJS 2.1.1 at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2078 that should correct the display of the subtitle for issues whose TOC is included on the journal homepage.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support