OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Using LDAP?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Using LDAP?

Postby barbarah » Fri May 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Hello all,

We are seriously considering using LDAP in conjunction with our implementation of OJS, and would love to get feedback from sites who are doing this. How was it to set up and what is it like to run it in production?

From what I've been able to gather from the wiki (http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_LDAP/Shibboleth) and here on the forum so far (http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6024&start=0), the LDAP plugin requires some additional hacking in order to implement it in a way that maintains full user functionality in OJS.

Has anybody successfully implemented LDAP in OJS? If so, do you have tips and/or code you'd be willing to share?

Many thanks!
barbarah

Re: Using LDAP?

Postby barbarah » Mon May 09, 2011 3:43 pm

As a follow-up question: is the support for shibboleth and OJS any better than that for OJS? Would you recommend going that route instead? From what I can make out, it's also not well supported, and shibboleth is also more complex to set up, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask :-) Thanks!
barbarah

Re: Using LDAP?

Postby jmacgreg » Tue May 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi Barbarah,

I'll just step in quickly and say that we at PKP actually aren't that familiar with how these plugins work ourselves -- I believe both were originally contributed code from other projects -- but we'd be happy to hear how others use them.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Technical Support