OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

why metadata is required ONLY for sumplementary file?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

why metadata is required ONLY for sumplementary file?

Postby dsanchez » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:33 pm

Hello!

When I publish an article, only SUPLEMENTARY file metadata required. Why this happen?.

I was expecting that I could have the chance to write the metadata of the MAIN file associated to the article (for example a pdf file that shows the whole article..)

:roll:

David.
dsanchez

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:49 pm

Hi dsanchez,

As Editor, you can do this by going to the Submissions "Summary" page and clicking the "Edit Metadata" link.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby dsanchez » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Thank you. However I don't understand why the editor has to do this. Is not better than the autor publish this metadata for the mail file and the editor just review the info?

Cheers

David.

asmecher wrote:Hi dsanchez,

As Editor, you can do this by going to the Submissions "Summary" page and clicking the "Edit Metadata" link.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
dsanchez

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:07 pm

Hi dsanchez,

The author can also modify the metadata via the above means, as long as the submission is still in the editing process.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support