OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Searching full text - pdf

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: Searching full text - pdf

Postby Garant » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 am

Hi!
I've problems too. Haven't tried uploading new journals, cause new issue won't be published in nearest future. Tried to build indexes, but I receive errors.
I'm not IT administrator so I don't have straight permission to the server.
Only thing what I can - is to give directions to administrator to fix something.
Here is the problem:
How this error could be fixed? Give a script the permission to access the directory?
Thank you!
Garant

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi Garant,

You're receiving those permission denied errors because the user you are trying to run the search index rebuild script can't access the PDFs. This is probably because they were uploaded to your journal via OJS and they are owned by the web server user. You may need your systems administrator to grant your user read access to the files. Just make sure you don't remove access to them for your web server user at the same time.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Garant » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 am

Hi, Jason!
Thank you very much for your reply! I will contact my system administrator and provide him this information.
Have a great day!
Garant

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support