OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Journal Setup Error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Journal Setup Error

Postby parabasis » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi,
Whilst going through the Journal set up for the OJS we are using I get the following error when I attempt to save Step 3 of the 5 part process. The other 4 parts all function fine, but not this page. I have been doing a work-around for the other aspects of the process, but I'd like to fix this error and embed the Author guidelines and copyright advice on our page. I am the journal manager and have admin access in the host directory.

The error message is:
Error 403: Forbidden
Your PHP settings have been disabled by an H-Sphere administrator.

Your current PHP configuration: -->
This configuration was changed:
Please bring your PHP configuration in compliance with admin settings or request your administrator to re-enable support of your settings.

You don't have permissions to access this page. This usually means one of the following:

this file and directory permissions make them unavailable from the Internet.
.htaccess contains instructions that prevent public access to this file or directory.
Please check file and directory permissions and .htaccess configuration if you are able to do this. Otherwise, request your webmaster to grant you access

I am assuming that there is a 'write' priviledge somwhere in the directory structure that has not been created. If this is so, could someone direct me where this might be changed. If its another type of issue I'd apreciate some advice.

thanks
Sean Pickersgill

btw, thanks to the OJS team - this is a great resource. :D
parabasis

Re: Journal Setup Error: 403 Forbidden

Postby jaik_70 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi OJS Team

I have five jounals on OJS-2.3.4, during the one Journal setup 3 (3.1 - 3.3) I am getting the following error when I attempt to save Step 3. While for Setup Step 1, 2, 4 and 5 function fine, but not this page of this journal only (for other journal Step 3 is working). The error message is:

403 Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ojs234/index.php/joal3/manager/saveSetup/3 on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Also: Nothing happen if we disable the "TinyMCE Plugin" as this was suggested in one of thread.

-Jaik
jaik_70

Re: Journal Setup Error

Postby asmecher » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Jaik,

Are you running firewall software? Some applications trigger in strange situations in an attempt to block SQL injections when you're using regular English that just happens to have words in a certain order. If possible, I'd suggest trying to disable it and see if that fixes the problem. You might need to refine your firewall rules.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jaik_70 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Dear Alec
Thanks for reply.
No positive output after disabling the fire wall.

Again trying to explain the matter:

1. We have five ojs journals
2. As a JM the all setups (1 to 5) working fine except one journal's setup # 3
and give the massge

403 Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ojs234/index.php/joal3/manager/saveSetup/3 on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

-Jaik
jaik_70

Postby asmecher » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:34 am

Hi Jaik,

There's nothing in itself OCS that would cause this, OTOH. Do you have SSH access to your server? If so, could you try going to that page directly from a command-line based browser like Lynx? This will generally bypass the firewall and tell you whether or not OCS itself is causing the problem.

If you could send me an HTML dump of the form that doesn't work, and one of the ones that does, I might be able to track down the specific language that's causing problems.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jaik_70 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:02 pm

:P Dear Alec
Thanks for reply and It's solved now due to your suggestions.

It was not saving due to matter given in Setup 3.2. So I removed material (3.2) this and give fresh html material. It's working fine :mrgreen: .

Thanks again for your kind support.

-Jaik :roll:
jaik_70

Postby bernadette » Mon May 02, 2011 12:50 am

Hi Alec,

We are experiencing a similar error.

This from hosting;

"The server your site is hosted on has not undergone any major upgrades which should impact your site in this way. We are still running PHP 5.2. The only change which has been made regarding our hosting environment is the rollout of a new security system, although we would see errors caused by this system showing up in your error logs. The errors in your logs all appear to be centered on the Journal section of your site, I would definitely recommend you start your troubleshooting there."

Can you recommend anyone who could help with this for us on our website?

Thanks

Bernadette
bernadette

Return to OJS Technical Support