OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Section Editor Page Error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Section Editor Page Error

Postby msaghaei » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:18 am

We have upgared to ojs 2.1.0.1 from 2.0.2.1 successfully and I realized that the new version is much more interesting than its predecessors. Our site is a university site, hosting four journals (all using OJS). However we encountered a big problem related to the section editor functionality of ojs.
After assigning a submitted paper to a section editor (SE), he/she (the SE) can log in and select his/her role as section editor, and no problem in viewing the list of assigned papers. But after clicking the title of an assigned article the resultant page will terminated prematurely just after the first link in breadcrumb, without any visible error message. Therefore the SE is unable to continue his/her job. I examined the page source and saw that the page has terminated prematurely (as if it encountered an unhandeled error) after the first link in breadcrumb (Home >).
I wondered if it is related to the new functionality (multiple SE and ED), or I have some other problem in upgrading
Any urgent remedy will be appreciated.
msaghaei

Postby msaghaei » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:08 am

I increased the memory limmit in php.ini and the problem resolved.
Thank you
msaghaei

Return to OJS Technical Support