OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Insall problem

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Insall problem

Postby dzuong » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:30 pm

Last edited by dzuong on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dzuong

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:05 am

Hi dzuong,

Please make a directory called plugins/generic in your OJS installation. This should correct the problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Cannot login after installation

Postby dzuong » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:02 pm

Thanks for your support. I have created the generic folder and then change "PATH_INFO" to "ORIG_PATH_INFO" in the file: class/core/Request.inc.php as advised in some threads in the forum.

The installation went smoothly and the home page look very attractive. The problem is that I cannot log in to the system using the administration account created during the installation process. I have met this problem last time when I installed OJS on another hosting package and had to leave the software.

I think that there is some compatibility problem of OJS and my server but I cannot figure out what it is. I am quite sure that I remember the admin user name and password. I have had the password reset too, but the problem remains.

Could you have a look at http://www.consal14.org/demo/openjournal/

If you need access to the foler where OJS is installed, I will send it to your e-mail.
dzuong

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:03 pm

FYI, the problem in this situation was that Dzuong is connected to the Internet via a pool of proxy servers, which appears to OJS as though he is connecting from several different IP addresses.

For OJS to allow one session spanning different IP addresses, a security check must be disabled. See the session_ip_check option in config.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support