OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

horrid failure

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

horrid failure

Postby s1r0n » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:22 am

Hi there.

I have managed to install OJS but whenever I try to setup a new journal i get several pages of errors that start of like this

Warning: Wrong parameter count for mkdir() in /usr/local/ojs-2.0.2-1/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 239

Warning: Wrong parameter count for mkdir() in /usr/local/ojs-2.0.2-1/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 239

Warning: Undefined property: currentNode in /usr/local/ojs-2.0.2-1/classes/xml/XMLParserDOMHandler.inc.php on line 46

Warning: Undefined property: currentNode in /usr/local/ojs-2.0.2-1/classes/xml/XMLParserDOMHandler.inc.php on line 46

Warning: Undefined property: searchPost in /usr/local/ojs-2.0.2-1/classes/rt/RTStruct.inc.php on line 290

Warning: Undefined property: searchPost in /usr/local/ojs-2.0.2-1/classes/rt/RTStruct.inc.php on line 290

obviously, an upload directly is not being created. but why? and what can be done to fix this
s1r0n

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:01 am

Hi s1r0n,

I suspect you're using a version of PHP that's too old for OJS. From docs/README:
System Requirements
-------------------
Recommended server requirements:

* PHP >= 4.2.x (including PHP 5.x); Microsoft IIS requires PHP 5.x
* MySQL >= 3.23.23 (including MySQL 4.x) or PostgreSQL >= 7.1 (including PostgreSQL 8.x)
* Apache >= 1.3.2x or >= 2.0.4x or Microsoft IIS 6
* Operating system: Any OS that supports the above software, including
Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows

Any reasonably current release of PHP 4.x or 5.x should work.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby s1r0n » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:00 pm

asmecher wrote:Hi s1r0n,

I suspect you're using a version of PHP that's too old for OJS. From docs/README:
System Requirements
-------------------
Recommended server requirements:

* PHP >= 4.2.x (including PHP 5.x); Microsoft IIS requires PHP 5.x
* MySQL >= 3.23.23 (including MySQL 4.x) or PostgreSQL >= 7.1 (including PostgreSQL 8.x)
* Apache >= 1.3.2x or >= 2.0.4x or Microsoft IIS 6
* Operating system: Any OS that supports the above software, including
Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows

Any reasonably current release of PHP 4.x or 5.x should work.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I'm using php 4.1.2. that should be reasonably current no?
s1r0n

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:10 pm

Hi s1r0n,

PHP 4.1.2 is almost 4 years old; you'll need to use something more recent.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support