OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Cant upload files! Really Urgent!

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Cant upload files! Really Urgent!

Postby talo10 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi,

I been reading everything in the forum for the past 5 days (this is getting really tired :( ) and have solved most issues but i still have a problem unsolved. The problem is that when i try to upload articles i get the following error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(archivos/journals/1/articles/9/public/9-121-1-PB.html) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permiso denegado in /home/colegiod/public_html/revista/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 90

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/php5J0AFk' to 'archivos/journals/1/articles/9/public/9-121-1-PB.html' in /home/colegiod/public_html/revista/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 90

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/colegiod/public_html/revista/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php:90) in /home/colegiod/public_html/revista/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 35

I am really really NOT an expert with the technical things but just a couple of minutes ago i read something that i think could be the answer to my problem... That post It goes like this:

¨ Check on your website (ftp) for something called cgi-bin (at root).

if you see various php-cgi (php5-cgi, php4.cgi) files, you might also have a php.ini file.
If you have that, download the php.ini file and open it in a text editor like Word pad (not Microsoft word)
If you do not have a php.ini file in your cgi-bin I recommend asking your hosting company to allow you individualised control over php by having one.¨

I looked in the cgi-bin folder but it is empty, could i be needing this file to modify some of it to solve my issue??

Yes, i have seen similar problems but the solutions havent worked for me, if you could please help me ill be sooooo thankfull!!
talo10

Re: Cant upload files! Really Urgent!

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi talo10,

Actually, the "Permiso denegao" (Permission denied) part of the warning suggests that you are probably experiencing a problem with how permissions have been set. There's information in the FAQ on this, and a forum search will also return information.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby talo10 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi James,

thanks for your reply, and yes it was totally a permissions problem. I kept trying to resolve it and got lucky. The thing was I needed to change the permissions of ALL the files inside the directories in wich I was having trouble, not just of those in the root directory. To do this I clicked the button change permissions recursively and voila! Just a little tip for people with the same issue and not a lot of technical knowledge like me! Also I tried with 777, resolved it and then changed them again when everything was working to make it secure.

regards.
talo10

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:21 am

Hi talo10,

Thanks for following up, and with your tip as well! And it's good to hear you've reset permissions to something more secure than 777. :D

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby nevermind182004 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:54 pm

talo10 wrote:Hi James,

thanks for your reply, and yes it was totally a permissions problem. I kept trying to resolve it and got lucky. The thing was I needed to change the permissions of ALL the files inside the directories in wich I was having trouble, not just of those in the root directory. To do this I clicked the button change permissions recursively and voila! Just a little tip for people with the same issue and not a lot of technical knowledge like me! Also I tried with 777, resolved it and then changed them again when everything was working to make it secure.

regards.

Hi talo10, if i may asked where did you set the permission? file manager, command line or ftp? and how'd you do it recursively? im just having the same problem as of the moment because of migration of our old server to new.

Hope to here from you.. (o oh this was years ago already.. :S)

Thanks.
nevermind182004

Return to OJS Technical Support