OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can't install on Apache?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Can't install on Apache?

Postby ChrisB » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:46 am

Hello,

I can't seem to get past the first stage of installation of OJS. I uploaded the files, changed the permissions as instructed, but when I point my browser to ojs, I get these error messages! (mydir/mydomain subbed for the real directory/domain by me in this posting to discorage bots, etc...)

Any tips on why it won't call functions.inc.php? It's definitely there...

Chris

Warning: import(submission/common/Action.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.haltie/mydir/mydomain/liverpool/ojs/includes/functions.inc.php on line 21

Fatal error: import(): Failed opening required 'submission/common/Action.inc.php' (include_path='.:/home/.haltie/mydir/mydomain/liverpool/ojs/includes:/home/.haltie/mydir/mydomain/liverpool/ojs/classes:/home/.haltie/mydir/mydomain/liverpool/ojs/pages:/home/.haltie/mydir/mydomain/liverpool/ojs/lib:/home/.haltie/mydir/mydomain/liverpool/ojs/lib/smarty:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.haltie/mydir/mydomain/liverpool/ojs/includes/functions.inc.php on line 21
ChrisB

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:15 am

Hi Chris,

This error message isn't about functions.inc.php -- it's about classes/submission/common/Action.inc.php (which is loaded from functions.inc.php). Double-check that the file is there and permissions are OK.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby ChrisB » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:19 pm

:oops:

You are quite right: a number of files in nested directories were missing. Sorry to have bothered you with that.

Now though I'm having a different issue when I point my browser at the correct path:

'Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-system/index.php/liverpool/install was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.'

Maybe this is because I run PHP as CGI?

Chris
ChrisB

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:44 pm

Hi Chris,

PHP as CGI is fine, but you need to ensure that the PATH_INFO CGI variable is being properly passed from the web server to PHP. See docs/FAQ, and also http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627 for more info.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support