OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DB Error on Reviewer search

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

DB Error on Reviewer search

Postby JohnGrobler » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Good day,

When trying to perform a search on the Select Reviewer screen (/director/selectReviewer), I receive the following error:
DB Error: Unknown column 'p.paper_id' in 'order clause'

This error occurs on OCS version 2.3.0.0 and 2.3.2.0 on our site upgraded from version 2.1.1.2. Can anyone confirm if they also receive this error on the reviewer search function please? The function can be accessed from User Home > Director > Unassigned > Select any title > Paper Review > Select Reviewer > Search for anything.

Thank you,
John Grobler
JohnGrobler

Re: DB Error on Reviewer search

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi John,

Can you confirm that you are experiencing this error in a fully-upgraded OCS 2.3.2? I believe this was fixed in OCS 2.3.2 -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5384. You may want to take a look at the patch attached to that report and double-check that the fix has been applied to your install.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby JohnGrobler » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. I've redownloaded OCS 2.3.2 from the PKP download page and looked at the file classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO.inc.php. The additional line added by bugfix 5384 (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/attachment.c ... ction=edit) is not in the OCS 2.3.2 code. I've manually added the line to this file on my server which resolved the issue. Can this line be added to the file in the next release of OCS?

Thanks,
John Grobler
JohnGrobler

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 am

Hi John,

It looks like I mis-read when that was added to the repository -- it didn't make it into 2.3.2, but it's included for sure now. Glad to hear everything is working!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mendesrocha » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi!

I found a very similar error.

As "Conference Director" I try to edit metadata of a submission, I can insert a new author, but when I click to save the information, OCS 2.3.3.1 returns the following:

DB Error: Column 'paper_id' cannot be null
Last edited by mendesrocha on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mendesrocha

Postby mendesrocha » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:57 am

Same error again. As an "author" when I try to add a second author in editing submission metadada.
mendesrocha

DB Error: Column 'paper_id' cannot be nul

Postby davidsorfa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:47 am

In 2.3.3.1 I get the same error when trying to add a second author to metadata (both as director and as author):

DB Error: Column 'paper_id' cannot be nul

There does not appear to be a fix in the "Recommended Patches" wiki (http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/OCS_2. ... ed_Patches)

David
davidsorfa

Postby mendesrocha » Tue May 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi

I think I found the solution for this bug:

mendesrocha wrote:As "Conference Director" I try to edit metadata of a submission, I can insert a new author, but when I click to save the information, OCS 2.3.3.1 returns the following:
DB Error: Column 'paper_id' cannot be null

The solution is in ocs/classes/submission/form/MetadataForm.inc.php at line 217

is to replace the

Code: Select all
   } else {
            // Create a new author
-            $author = new Author();

for

Code: Select all
   } else {
            // Create a new author
+            $author = &new Author();

Can anyone from PKP confirm it?
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Tue May 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi all,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6552.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support