OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Review form - How to make it available for reviewer?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Review form - How to make it available for reviewer?

Postby k_popper » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:36 am

Hello,

I asked similar questions in the "discussion" forum, but probably this was the wrong forum, so I will ask this here again:

1) We are using not only text-based reviewer feedback, but also questionnaire-based evaluation (5-step Likert scales). I understand there is no questionnaire feedback feature available in OJS. If there is such a feature, where can I turn it on?
Otherwise, how could I make the review-form (a MS-word-file) available for each reviewer? Ideally it should show up precisely where the paper to-be-reviewed is available for download. The review-form could be placed there statically, i.e. the review form will not change. It is the same for each reviewer. Is there an option to upload the review form and make it accessible within the review-system

(to demonstrate what I am asking, let's move to the testdrive site e.g. http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/demo/testdrive/in ... mission/27 could it be "tuned" such that this page "#14 Review - Submission To Be Reviewed" includes in "Step 3 Review Steps" an additional file for download, named "REVIEW FORM")?? If this is possible, how would we need to patch the system? -- PRobably this feature would be useful for other users as well?

2) Changing reviewer recommendation options - Another question here is whether it is possible to change the drop-down boxes, "Reviewer recommendation" and "Editor decision" into something different? (e.g. ACCEPT as submitted, ACCEPT with modifications, REJECT as competitive paper, but accept as discussion paper, ...)

3) If 1) and 2) above are considered useful features, should these be suggested in another forum?

Thanks for your response.
k_popper

Reviewing Process

Postby ramon » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:25 am

k_popper,

You may check the answer on the other section I wrote...
ramon

Return to OJS Technical Support