OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS 2312 Intallation Error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS 2312 Intallation Error

Postby Kahraman11 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:46 am

I Installed OJS 2312 on a XAMPP (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/f ... .3a.tar.gz) and Ubuntu 9.10.
I performed installation procedures as described in Readme File.
PHP is running as safe mode OFF.
When I try to open OJS for to complete its installation. There is message like this:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Locale in /opt/lampp/htdocs/ojs2312/classes/i18n/Locale.inc.php on line 28
Please help me, how can I complete its installation via Web and run OJS?
Regards,
Dr. Ali Cetin
Kahraman11

Re: OJS 2312 Intallation Error

Postby koscianski » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Same error.

Installed last Apache, last MySQL, last PHP. It should not matter, but just for reference, this is on top of Windows XP and
other PHP applications run just fine.

OJS blows; PHP complains, the log file reads:
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Locale in D:\path\ojs\classes\i18n\Locale.inc.php on line 28

I began replacing the identifier "Locale" with "Localex" , guessing it seems to be a duplicated identifier.
Seemed to work as far as I got patience to play with (the error moved to other files using 'Locale::something').

By the way: thank you developers for OJS :wink: , but, *please*, provide more detailed information (like PHP required settings)
concerning installation :evil: , or state explicitely that installers are not required to bother with *any* parameters.
koscianski

Postby mcrider » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Koscianski,

This appears to be caused by PHP 5.3's new localization code conflicting with OJS'. If your other PHP applications don't require it, you could disable the internationalization extension in PHP, otherwise keep an eye on this bug for a patch: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5240.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby blstzus » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:57 am

Hi Matt,
I have the same problem as this one. I have checked the link: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5240
There are a lot of links there. Do I have to apply patch for all the links?
Sorry, first time applying patch.

Thank you.

-Aiman-
blstzus

Return to OJS Technical Support