OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

"Manual" upgrade 2.0 > 2.0.2-1

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

"Manual" upgrade 2.0 > 2.0.2-1

Postby tneumann » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:34 am

Hi,

the upgrade from version 2.0 to 2.0.2-1 did not really work for me (don't have CLI access); the web update process returned all sorts of SQL errors which I was unable to solve.

Instead, I installed 2.0.2-1 from scratch and tried to migrate the 2.0 SQL tables manually - so far it seems to work, though I could not migrate the keywords, so now the search function does not find anything.

Is it possible to recreate the keyword list for published articles?

Thanks,
Tim
tneumann

Postby asmecher » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:13 am

Hello Tim,

Could you post some of the SQL error messages you received in this forum? The automated upgrade process is certainly the easiest way of upgrading, and we haven't heard of problems like the ones you mention.

If you'd like to look at the upgrade process for 2.0 to 2.0.2-1, see the XML files in dbscripts/xml/upgrade. Also check the changes in dbscripts/xml/ojs_schema.xml between version 2.0 and 2.0.2-1; you'll need to manually update the schema to suit. (There have been considerable changes in the way indexing is performed.)

There is a tool (tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php) to rebuild the search index, but it must be run from the command line. If you don't have access to the command line, it should be fairly easy to write a quick wrapper around the upgrade script or the indexing code so that it can be launched from a remote browser. However, I again recommend the usual upgrade process as it regenerates the search index.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby tneumann » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:59 am

Thanks, Alec.

Apologies for the late reply. I did not save the SQL error messages; I will try to upload the old system again to generate them as soon as I find the time.

Anyways, good news is that we are switching to a new server with full access, so it is not worth creating a wrapper anymore. I had a quick look and soon gave up...

Thanks very much for the tip with the rebuildSearchIndex tool!

Tim
tneumann

Return to OJS Technical Support