OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editorial Review of Article Email

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby p_alexander » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:43 pm

I'm hoping this is a simple questions: Where does the email notifying users that their submission was accepted get sent from? I can see the template, EDITOR_REVIEW, in the emails page but I can't find a link to send it anywhere. The logical place to me seems to be when you select "Accept Submission" from an Editor or Section Editor account on the Review page. However, it seems that no email is sent to our authors and no screen is popping up requesting that an email be sent. I checked the documentation and couldn't find specific instructions regarding this. Is something wrong? Or am I just missing it?

Any help is appreciated!

Paul
p_alexander

Postby ramon » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:32 am

Alexander,

This is for version 1.x:

The Editor must take his decision to accept the article, then the system automatically must load a pop-up window to send a standard email template (which is the same template for pending and rejected too..). The editor must write the comments and decision in the email to the author.

If the pop-up is not showing, your browser is blocking them...
ramon

Postby p_alexander » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:31 am

Sorry, I'm running version 2. The other popups and action-triggered emails work just fine. I just can't seem to find the acceptance/rejection/resubmit one.

Paul
p_alexander

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:33 am

Hello Paul (& Ramon),

This email template is currently unused -- see the discussion under http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1311 and http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1324.

We may re-instate the template in a later version, but currently the appropriate means of notifying the author is described in the discussion of entry #1311:
The function of the notifyAuthor email has been replaced by the ability to import peer reviews through comments, and then sending the combined reviews (along with the editor's decision) to the author using the Save and Email button.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
Last edited by asmecher on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asmecher

Postby p_alexander » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:28 am

We may re-instate the template in a later version

I think that might be a good option for some of us to have. My editors found the process to be confusing and was really the only sticking point they had in everything. It just wasn't obvious to them where they should go. We finally settled on the method described but it's not as easy as a pop-up would be.

Anyway, just nitpicking really. I love the system, just want to see it constantly improve! :)

Paul
p_alexander

Return to OJS Technical Support