OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Installation problems

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Installation problems

Postby jgutsche » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:14 am

Hi everybody,

I am a total newbie to OJS, so this might be a stupid question. But after I followed the installation instructions for OJS and tried to login as the administrator for the first time, I got the following error message:

Warning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in /www/virtual/jeps/htdocs/ojs/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 35

Warning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in /www/virtual/jeps/htdocs/ojs/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 36

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /www/virtual/jeps/htdocs/ojs/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 56
DB Error: Duplicate entry '32ee22c3b12e94c8e045f8a41bf24cbf' for key 1

What did I do wrong? Help would be really appreciated.

With kind regards,
Jörg Gutsche
University of Mannheim
jgutsche

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:02 am

Hi Jörg,

From docs/FAQ:
Check if session.auto_start is enabled in your php.ini configuration. OJS requires this setting to be disabled, which is the default behaviour in current versions of PHP.

Regards,
Alec
asmecher

Thanks

Postby jgutsche » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:14 am

Thank you very much.
jgutsche

Return to OJS Technical Support