OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Author names in two languages

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Author names in two languages

Postby besmobile » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:48 am

Hi,

I adjust a site for display in two languages. Is it possibille to make so that in the table of contents for the issue not only article title and abstract was displayed in two languages, but authors also?
besmobile

Re: Author names in two languages

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:53 am

Hi besmobile,

Not currently, no -- author names are currently only inputted in one language, although this may change in the future.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby besmobile » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:08 am

Hi James,

This would be a great feature for the journals with non-latin alphabet!
besmobile

Postby rania » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:43 am

I totally agree! :D
This is something that has been requested quite a lot by many of our users!
rania

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi folks,

Thanks for the input -- it's appreciated! Before I report the bug, are there any other fields that users have requested be made multilingual that we might be missing? I'll include any you name in the report.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby alexukua » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:22 am

I am supporting this question. For our journal http://journal.iitta.gov.ua need input author and editor name on the two language.
alexukua

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi alexukua,

Thanks for bringing this up again -- I have added this as a feature request, which you can see here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6422. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby smoro » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 am

Could somebody propose any suggestions for now? How to solve the problem with citation? I mean how to cope with that using existing opportunities? Create one more (mirror) issue or even journal? Thank you.
smoro

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi smoro,

That bug I originally posted has been marked as a duplicate of http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5598, which should hopefully see a patch soon. I would recommend CCing yourself to bug 5598 so that you are notified of future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Technical Support