OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Upgrade/Install Questions

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Upgrade/Install Questions

Postby blake » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:20 am

Congrats on 2.x My instal and import went very smoothly overall but two questions:

1) I'm trying to create a user to test paper submission. Naturally I want to use one of my email addresses for this (even though I am also journal mgr). I keep getting the error
Errors occurred processing this form:

* The selected email address is already in use by another user.

even though the email I enter cannot be found when I search the user database. At one time there was a user with this email but I deleted him.

Alternatively, can I assign the author role to the user who is journal mgr?? I need a way to test paper submission and also receive the emails.

2) Clearly my import has worked and I have lots of records. However when I check my MySQL server with phpMyAdmin 2.6.2-rc1, there is no new database visible. Did the import function simply link OJS2.0 to my old database and modify it ? How can I find the MySQL database for the 2.0 journal?

THANKS!

Blake Hannaford
blake

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:01 am

Hello Blake,

Under OJS 2.x, users can't be deleted -- this would require destroying records that might be important later.

Most likely what you did is remove the user from all roles in your journal. You can enroll users in the various journal roles by logging in as Journal Manager and choosing a role under "People"; then click the "Enroll Existing User" link at the bottom of the screen and choose a user.

If you upgraded your OJS installation from a 1.x version, it'll be using a new database -- you can find out the database name and connection info by looking in your config.inc.php file. If you upgraded from an earlier version of OJS 2.x, it's using the same database.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby blake » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:00 am

Thanks! That's useful. Regarding the database, for some reason it took a while but after a couple of hours it eventually showed up in the phpMyAdmin menus.

Blake
blake

Return to OJS Technical Support