OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can "Submissions" on the ABOUT page be removed or modified?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Can "Submissions" on the ABOUT page be removed or modified?

Postby cbel12 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:58 am

In a multiple journal installation, some journals will be accepting online submissions but others will not.

For those journals that will not accept online submission, registration as an author has been disabled in Setup 4.1 and the Information For Authors has been modified in Setup 5.7 to remove links to login and registration. However, unless I'm missing it in the documentation or previous posts to the support fora, I can't find any way to get rid of or modify the "Submissions" section of the page linked from "ABOUT" in the nav bar for these journals. Without some way to modify this authors can (1) click on the "GO TO LOGIN" link but will not find an "Author" role enabling them to submit or (2) click on the "GO TO REGISTRATION" link and either not be able to register at all or not be able to register as an Author. This is bound to cause frustration.

Have I missed something? Can this area of the "ABOUT" page be eliminated or modified? If the answer is no, this is an enhancement request I'd make so this area is either configurable or is changed automatically based on choices made in Setup.

Thanks,
Jeff Belliston
cbel12

Re: Can "Submissions" on the ABOUT page be removed or modified?

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi Jeff,

Thanks -- I've reported this as a bug (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/post_bug.cgi); please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby cbel12 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:04 am

Thanks James.
cbel12

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:46 am

Hi Jeff,

Please note that the correct link to that bug report is http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4198. :D

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Roelf » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:53 am

Hi,

I was wondering whether the bug reported by C. Jeffrey Belliston about Online subsmissions has already been resolved?

I am currently using version 2.3.4.0.

Regards,

Roelf barkhuis
Roelf

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi Roelf,

Unfortunately, that request hasn't been completed yet. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Can "Submissions" on the ABOUT page be removed or modifi

Postby Almadl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:29 am

I wanted to say that we have "solved" the issue via CSS,
with:

Code: Select all
div#onlineSubmissions {
    display: none;
}

See for example:
http://scienzaepolitica.unibo.it/about/ ... ubmissions

Andrea
Almadl

Postby geirrosset » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:24 am

This was to be my next post as well. Where is the css file for each journal located? Or could this be done for all journals? None of our journals accept online submissions.

Regards
Geir R
Oslo
Norway
geirrosset

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Geir,

The styles/ subdirectory contains a number of CSS files that are loaded for your entire OJS installation. If you're looking to make a change that affects all of your journals, I could suggest the one called "common.css".

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby geirrosset » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:02 am

OK. Thanks. That did not do quite what I thought it would do. The link to submit articles online is still visible on the "About" page and on the sub page "Manuscript", except it doesn't do anything. This is just as bad because it makes it look like the site just doesn't work. How can I hide the link?

Geir
geirrosset

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:45 am

Hi everyone,

I just had a look at the CSS and what you probably want is:

Code: Select all
div#aboutSubmissions {
    display: none;
}

Which will hide the entire div element (and all of its sub elements, which is the list of links)

Regards,

Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support