OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

frequent dis-continuation (logout) problem after login

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

frequent dis-continuation (logout) problem after login

Postby rke4me » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:22 am

Hi,
1. I am faceing frequent dis-continuation (logout) problem after login. Is this problem of OJS or at my end ?

2. After publishing a back issue (through xml issue import), I found that one article file was not desired file. So through layout editor I delete that file and upload the desired file. The whole issue is subscription base, Now problem is the after replacing the file, it's opening as open access but it's showing restricted. Now what can I do to make this restricted to subscribers.

-rke
rke4me

Re: frequent dis-continuation (logout) problem after login

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi rke,

First off -- please try and keep to question/general topic per thread. We don't mind answering muliple threads, but having two conversations go on in one can get confusing.

Regarding the the first question: you are probably having problems with a browser extension/plugin like Google's Web Accelerator, or Cooliris, or similar. I'd recommend seeing what plugins are installed; whether they have a history of causing problems with websites, esp. login issues; and whether disabling them helps.

Regarding the second question: Have you checked your issue's Table of Contents page to see what the access rights have been set to?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi rke,

Actually, regarding the first point: you might want to check the session_check_ip option in your config.inc.php as well, and seeing if turning that off helps.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby rke4me » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi

Thanks

When I Off the session_check_ip option in config.inc.php. Now there is no problem of automatic log out (dis-continuation) .

Thanks again, it's working well now. (One observation: I also came across the automatic log out (dis-continuation) problem at PKP Support website. However for other site there is no such problem during log in) .

By doing the off, is there any impact for IP based subscription access ?
rke4me

Return to OJS Technical Support