I did't know that this behaviour had changed, because we're still using the previous release (not sure which one, maybe 2.1 ? ? ).
The Ajax alternative, i.e. collapsing fields might be a pretty good solution indeed.
Meanwhile, do you think there would be any way to revert this specific page to the former behaviour, i.e. multiple language fields displayed concurrently ?
Let me bring up another subject.
A fellow of mine who's running OCS for a Conference in Mexico has had the same problems I had with the spanish locales.
He's probably a better option for translating the locales and correcting my own translations, so I'm copying our communications.
You can contact him directly, perhaps.
His name is Fernando Maldonado, and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org
first of all, I'm really sorry for answering your message in English.
In fact, my spanish is pretty bad, as you can see from some of the translations I've done for our site !
Well, I solved some of the translations problems in two different ways:
1. I opened the locale files in our OCS installation, and made some of the translations directly on the files.
2. I asked for help at the PKP (Public Knowledge Project) Forum, and James McGregor allowed me to use their site to complete some of the translations.
I'm copying this message for him, so perhaps you can have the same access I had, complete the translations and maybe correct some of my own translations.
I just hoe all goes well with your conference.
Just let me know if I can help you any further.
Charles C Vincent
SIGraDi 2009 - Local Organizing Committee