OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Add professional title in editorial team

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Add professional title in editorial team

Postby obeiki » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:24 am

Hi and happy new year,
I am going to add professional title after the name of editorial team members for example "Omid Beiki, MD". I would be grateful if someone can help me.
obeiki

Re: Add professional title in editorial team

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi obeiki,

As a quick fix, you could add ', MD' or whatnot to the end of their last name in their User Profile; but this probably isn't really a suitable fix. There isn't currently a field specifically for a user's credentials, but if you were to limit the Editorial Board members' bio statement in their User Profile to just credentials, you could always try pulling that in by making some changes to the template. The template in question is templates/about/editorialTeam.tpl; you can see how the affiliation information is generated by looking at templates/about/editorialTeamBio.tpl (the template that generates the text you see when you click on a member's name).

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby obeiki » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:37 am

Hello,
Thank you for your suggestions. Can I convert the editorial team page to a static page as I do not probably change it for a long time?
obeiki

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:44 am

Hi Obeiki,

That shouldn't be a problem -- just keep your changes in mind for when it comes time to upgrade, as you will not want to accidentally lose your changes.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby obeiki » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi,
How can I make that page static?
obeiki

Return to OJS Technical Support