OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Entering javascript in the HTML Source editor

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Entering javascript in the HTML Source editor

Postby shimola » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:31 am

Hi there

Apologies if this has been asked before (I've done a few unsuccessful searches) - is it possible to change the settings of the HTML Source editor? I'd like to have a go at inserting a flash video in the abstract submission metadata but the editor strips out the script code.

I guess the alternative would be adding the videos as supplementry files (they might be a bit 'hidden' in the abstracts anyway) but then there might be a problem of what format to choose...

Best wishes

Shimola
shimola

Re: Entering javascript in the HTML Source editor

Postby asmecher » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:46 am

Hi Shimola,

There are controls to make sure that the kind of HTML that can be entered is limited, i.e. to formatting tags like <strong> and <em>, and that tags like <script> are removed. This is to prevent XSS attacks by non-priveleged users. Only Journal Managers have the freedom to enter unfiltered HTML. I wouldn't suggest allowing the <script> tag because it'll open you up to a large number of security risks -- using Supplementary Files or Galleys would probably be the best way to go.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Entering javascript in the HTML Source editor

Postby nef » Fri May 11, 2012 4:17 am

Hi
How can the jounal manager make it possible to insert a video in the abstract?
Many of our journals have links to videos in their articles. Is that less risky?
Regards
Niels Erik
nef

Return to OJS Technical Support