OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS 2.1.1: Publishing a submission, filename of TOC download

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS 2.1.1: Publishing a submission, filename of TOC download

Postby rmichael » Mon May 12, 2008 10:27 am

Hello,

While publishing our first submission, I noticed version of the PDF which is linked from the TOC is just the Galley Format. Is that correct? Meaning, an editor should think of the file being uploaded as the Galley Format to be the final version of the submission. (There is no where else in submission/editing/publishing process that explicitly indicates "this is the version of the paper to be published"...?)

Also, when a reader downloads the published article from the TOC, the name of the downloaded file is the OJS-coded name (of the Galley Format file, e.g. "5-34-1-PB.PDF"). How can we change the name to something more helpful and meaningful? For example, "<article_title>-<author_name>.pdf".

(I realize the file could be renamed after download by hand; but this will certainly be the first question I am asked by readers and editors, and I agree the name could be better constructed by OJS.)

Thanks,
Richard
rmichael

Re: OJS 2.1.1: Publishing a submission, filename of TOC download

Postby jmacgreg » Mon May 12, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi Richard,

That's correct: the Galley version(s) is what finally appears in the Table of Contents. You can upload multiple Galley files, for example an HTML and a PDF file, and they will appear as links in the ToC.

At the moment it's not possible to customize galley file names, but this has been marked as a feature request:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3231

I'd suggest keeping track of that, and also adding further comments if you have implementation ideas.

You may want to search the forums for other discussions on using OJS' public id system for some general background as well -- it won't solve your problem, but it'll give you an idea on what other steps can be taken.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Technical Support