OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Deleting a Journal [RESOLVED]

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Deleting a Journal [RESOLVED]

Postby Owen » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:51 pm

Is this possible?

We set up a test journal for experimental purposes and would like to get rid of it.

I've searched the docs and the forum to no avail.
Owen

Re: Deleting a Journal

Postby svillanueva » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:26 am

Hi,

you should log in as an Editor, go to "Back Issues" and there you are able to delete any issue of the journal. If I'm not mistaken, then you should go to every article of the deleted journal (as an Editor too) and delete it if you are sure you won't need them any more.

Regards,

Sergi Villanueva.
svillanueva

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:42 am

Hi, Sergi and Owen,

There's actually a quicker way to delete a journal: if the journal is on http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/demo/testdrive, you can log in with the following credentials:

username: admin
password: testdrive

Once logged in, click on the Site Administrator Link, go to Hosted Journals, find your journal and click "delete".

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Owen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 pm

I've deleted the sole back issue and the journal is still there.

The journal is hosted here, so the alternative deletion method isn't available.
Owen

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi Owen,

I'm afraid I don't quite follow: where exactly is the journal hosted? If you have Site Administrator access to the OJS install, you can use the above method -- those instructions aren't specific to the testdrive on the PKP servers. If you don't have the proper access, you'll have to contact the OJS Site Administrator to remove the journal for you.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Owen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Woops. . . got it!

Thanks.
Owen

Return to OJS Technical Support