OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Section Editor assignment problem

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Section Editor assignment problem

Postby ntorres » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:01 am

Hello

I tried to assign a user with Section Wditor and Journal Manager roles as a section editor in a submission (only this two roles) in my ojs 2.1.1.

The problem appears when the editor receives a new submission and try to assign this user as section editor .
The editor chooses the section editor to assign, send him the notification email and when returns to sumary of the submission nothin apears as a Editor... If editor tries to do it again this user not appears at the availables section editor users.

When this user log in he has a new submission to review, but if he click on the title to begin this task he can't access to the article information.

If I try the same roling the user to assign as a section editor is a editor + jounal manager + section editor or only as a section editor theres no problem.
An user could have section editor and journal manager roles at same time without editor role??

Thanks
ntorres

Re: Section Editor assignment problem

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:24 am

Hi ntorres,

This sounds like a strange occurrence. Can you provide me with a bit more detail on the following:

When this user log in he has a new submission to review, but if he click on the title to begin this task he can't access to the article information.

-- What does he see when he clicks on the title?

Also, after you have assigned the user to the submission, are there checkboxes next to his name that you can see as Journal Manager? Are both boxes checked? You may want to ensure that both boxes are checked and that the "Record" button has been clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this matter.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Technical Support