OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

journal creating error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

journal creating error

Postby catav » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:17 am

I'm trying to create a new journal. In first step an error occurred. Picture of error was attached. Path of site was not accepted.
How can i correct this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Errors occurred processing this form:

* The path can contain only alphanumeric characters, underscores, and hyphens, and must begin and end with an alphanumeric character.

Path* http://localhost/mb
-------------
Z. Çatav M.D.
Cardiovascular Surgeon
Attachments
ojs-hata2.jpg
ojs-hata2.jpg (104.64 KiB) Viewed 3830 times
catav

Re: journal creating error

Postby ramon » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:18 am

Hello Catav,

You are entering the wrong type of information in the form.
You need only to type a word, which will be used as part of the system's path.
Usually the ACRONYM of the journal is used in this situation, or something short.

This means you don't need to type the full URL (i.e, http://myserver.com/ojs2/index.php/myjournal).

All you need to type is "myjournal".

Good luck.
ramon

Postby catav » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:01 pm

Hello,
I'm solved my first problem with your support. I'm try to install another OJS at my home. I use Debian lenny. Installing OJS-2.2 on my machine cause following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PhpMyVisitesPlugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /var/www/ojs-22/classes/plugins/Plugin.inc.php on line 66

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Session::getUserId() in /var/www/ojs-22/classes/session/SessionDAO.inc.php on line 92

When i was try OJS-2.1 on same box every thing ok. Is there a bug on 2.2?

Thanks in advance.

Zeki Çatav
catav

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi catav,

How far along exactly did your journal install get before you received the error? Were you trying the manual or automatic install?

Thanks,
James
jmacgreg

Postby catav » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Hello,
I have two machines. One of them is debian lenny at home. Firstly i install and run OJS-2.1.1 and there was no problem. Then i decided to try OJS-2.2. I have copied related files to /var/www/ojs-22. When i trying to connect http://localhost/ojs-22 error occured.
My second machine is Debian Etch at job and same problem persist.
Both machines runs without pproblem on OJS-2.1.1. But OJS-2.2 has the error that i posted previous mail.
Thanks.
Attachments
ojs-error2.jpg
ojs-error2.jpg (145.25 KiB) Viewed 3794 times
catav

Postby smiri » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi catav,

Where did you get the OJS installation files from? Did you download the package directly from the PKP website?

Also, are you doing a fresh install? Or an upgrade?

Lastly, did you at any time try to add the PhpMyVisites plugin to your ojs installation?

Thanks,
smiri

Postby catav » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:39 pm

smiri wrote:Hi catav,

Where did you get the OJS installation files from? Did you download the package directly from the PKP website?

Also, are you doing a fresh install? Or an upgrade?

Lastly, did you at any time try to add the PhpMyVisites plugin to your ojs installation?

Thanks,

Hi,
Yes, directly from the PKP website download section (How wish OJS was a native Debian package).
It was a fresh install.
No, I didn't.
Thanks.
catav

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 pm

HI catav,

Try resetting your config.inc.php to the stock version that comes with OJS (i.e. copy it from config.TEMPLATE.inc.php). When you point your browser to index.php, do you get the installation screen?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby catav » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:03 am

asmecher wrote:HI catav,

Try resetting your config.inc.php to the stock version that comes with OJS (i.e. copy it from config.TEMPLATE.inc.php). When you point your browser to index.php, do you get the installation screen?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,
I'm deleted all OJS2.2 files and settings. I was perform a new install process (with english and turkish language support). Related pictures attached. I have installed OJS succesfully, and login as admin user. At these step (in OJS2.2 as admin user) i want to change interface languge to turkish. System get crushed. *07.jpg pictures shows it.
When i try to new install primary language as turkish, i can't login to sytem. Same error occured.
I think there was a problem to turkish language support in OJS2.2. OJS2.1 running without an error.
Thanks.
Attachments
ojs-error07.jpg
ojs-error07.jpg (124.96 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
ojs-error06.jpg
ojs-error06.jpg (128.03 KiB) Viewed 3739 times
ojs-error05.jpg
ojs-error05.jpg (130.44 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
catav

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 am

Hi catav,

I suspect PHP's support for the Turkish locale is buggy -- or behaving in some way that we didn't anticipate, though I'm leaning towards buggy. Try commenting out the following lines in classes/i18n/Locale.inc.php (near line 102):
Code: Select all
                if (!@setlocale(LC_ALL, $sysLocale, $locale)) {
                        // For PHP < 4.3.0
                        if(setlocale(LC_ALL, $sysLocale) != $sysLocale) {
                                setlocale(LC_ALL, $locale);
                        }
                }

(Edit: In OJS 2.3.0 and newer, this edit should be made in lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby catav » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi Smecher,
Yes it works, but its cause a little bug. I attached two screen captures one of them in turkish (buggy screen) and others in english.
Thanks for your attention.
Attachments
ojs-error09.jpg
ojs-error09.jpg (157.13 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
ojs-error08.jpg
ojs-error08.jpg (166.13 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
catav

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:11 am

Hi catav,

Great, that's much better. You're seeing strings like ##some.name.here## because the Turkish locale included in OJS 2.2 is currently incomplete; if you're able to help us update that locale, I can set up an installation of OJS 2.2 including our translation tools, which will take you through the steps needed to update the locale files.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby catav » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:13 pm

asmecher wrote:Hi catav,

Great, that's much better. You're seeing strings like ##some.name.here## because the Turkish locale included in OJS 2.2 is currently incomplete; if you're able to help us update that locale, I can set up an installation of OJS 2.2 including our translation tools, which will take you through the steps needed to update the locale files.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Smecher,
Yes, i can help you to Turkish translation. Also any other user from Turkey may help to OJS updating.
Please inform me what i to do.

Best Regards.
Zeki Çatav M.D.
Cardiovascular Surgeon.
http://zekicatav.tyih.gov.tr
http://www.ctsnet.org/home/zcatav
catav

Translating OJS

Postby ramon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:53 am

Hello Zeki,

As an "experienced" translator of OJS to portuguese, here are my tips.

A Translator Plugins is available with OJS 2.2.
As General Manager, enable the Plugin and then check the translation.
It should give you a list of problems with the main locale.xml file.

You may then move on to other locale files, for plugins, registry locales and so on.

You may edit them within OJS or download them and edit them on an XML/Text Editor (NVU or PSPad - free. I use Dreamweaver, which is paid software).
Be aware of character encoding: it SHOULD be UTF-8.
Since you're running linux, you shouldn't have a problem.

After you have completed the translation, you may submit it to the PKP team, either through the forum or their support email.

Use this command to create a compressed file (tar.gz) with all the locale files for your language:
Code: Select all
tar cvzf pt_BR.tar.gz `find . -name \*.xml | grep pt_BR`

NOTE: replace pt_BR with the ISO code for your language (which should be available in the main locale file, if you don't know!)

Good luck.
Last edited by ramon on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramon

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:42 am

Hi Zeki,

If you complete the Turkish translation as per Ramón's, excellent instructions, you can email the zipped package directly to me at jmacgreg@gmail.com.

Again, your efforts are very much appreciated by the Public Knowledge Project, as well as by the larger OJS community.

Thanks,
James
jmacgreg

Next

Return to OJS Technical Support