OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Warning when trying to search [RESOLVED]

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Warning when trying to search [RESOLVED]

Postby chansen4 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:04 am

When searching a word that’s in the metadata I have no problem. However, when searching words that are in the text of articles in published issues I get the following error or warning I guess.

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /srv/www/htdocs/ojs-2.2/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1632

It’s when I search a word that’s not in the metadata then I get this warning. I know that the text I was searching for is contained in a searchable pdf.
Are the articles in OJS full text searchable? I was under the impression that they are by default.
Or is this simply a permissions issue the the OJS installation?

Chad
chansen4

Re: Warning when trying to search

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 am

Hi chansen4,

Can you doublecheck that in your cache directory you have a directory called _db, and that it has the proper permissions for your server to write to it? It looks like you may be having the same issue as the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2045&p=6810&hilit=adodb+mkdir#p6810

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Warning when trying to search

Postby chansen4 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:24 pm

I actually found that I did not change the pdf indexing tool in the config.inc.php file.
After doing that and running php tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php everything seems to be working.

Thanks for your help.
Chad
chansen4

Return to OJS Technical Support