OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Fatal Error: Call to undefined method

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Fatal Error: Call to undefined method

Postby chansen4 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:40 am

I was not able to find a post concerning this issue, so I hope I am not asking something that already has an answer posted somewhere. I am sorry if this is the case.
I am also very new to OJS, so I am sorry for my ignorance.

I am getting the following error when I try to create a reviewer on the fly (when I go to assign a reviewer to an article and I try to create a reviewer, instead of just picking an existing one):
Fatal error: Call to undefined method LDAPAuthPlugin::getAuthId() in /srv/www/htdocs/ojs-2.2/classes/sectionEditor/form/CreateReviewerForm.inc.php on line 142

I did some checking and sure enough LDAPAuthPlugin does not have a member function called getAuthId.

Is there an update to the LDAP plugin that I am missing?
Is there a way to refresh the LDAP plugin?
Any suggestions are welcome, because I have no clue how to fix this.

Thanks for your time,
Chad
chansen4

Re: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi chansen4,

It sounds to me like you've enabled the LDAP authentication plugin but it's not fully configured. As Site Administrator, go into "Authentication Sources" and make sure the OJS user database is chosen and no other entries are listed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method

Postby chansen4 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:57 am

The LDAP authentication is enabled, but it is also configured. Our LDAP users have been about to log in for sometime now.
When we attempt to create a reviewer, everything works find. The reviewer is successfully created and can be used right away.
The problem occurs when the reviewer is created "on the fly", or during the assigning of reviewers to an article.
chansen4

Return to OJS Technical Support