OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editing Queue Error [RESOLVED]

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Editing Queue Error [RESOLVED]

Postby joannal » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:06 pm

Hello!

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this. After an author submits something, they see this message.

Submission complete. Thank you for your interest in publishing with Eye Care Review.
If this submission is in a format that is ready to be published without further review, editing, or layout work, it can be placed directly in the last stage of the Editing queue by Clicking here. (Note: Only journal editors have this option for their submissions.)

When they click on the "Clicking here" link to bypass to the Editing Queue they seem to be getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/httpd/vhosts/eyecarereview.ca/httpdocs/journal/classes/submission/editor/EditorAction.inc.php on line 130

I am hoping that there is an easy fix this since I don't know how to dabble in php.

Thanks very much!
joannal

Re: Editing Queue Error

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi Joannal,

This is an issue with OJS 2.1.1, and has been fixed in 2.2. Please see: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2346 for a patch. If you have problems with applying the patch, please let me know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby joannal » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

Ok - here comes the hard part. Unfortunately, I do not know how to apply this patch and would love to have your help.

Where do I start?
joannal

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi Joannal,

No worries. Do you have server access, ie., can you log in via ssh and edit OJS files? You'll need to be able to do that.

The following instructions assume that you're operating with OJS 2.1.1. Please let me know if you are using a different version.

I think that perhaps the easiest way for you to apply the patch is manually. The file you have to edit is on the server in your OJS directory: classes/submission/editor/EditorAction.inc.php.

If you look at the patch (http://pkp.sfu.ca/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/ojs2/c ... 37;r2=1.38) you'll see lines with a '-' beside them, and lines with a '+' beside them. The lines with the - are in the file, and have to be removed and replaced with the + lines. So you'll want to find

Code: Select all
* $Id: EditorAction.inc.php,v 1.37 2006/06/12 23:25:54 alec Exp $

and replace it with

* $Id: EditorAction.inc.php,v 1.38 2006/07/24 16:01:06 alec Exp $

(that one isn't really mandatory; it's just good to have for file version tracking purposes).

You will then have to replace two lines:

$editorFile = $sectionEditorSubmission->getEditorFile();
SectionEditorAction::setCopyeditFile($sectionEditorSubmission, $editorFile->getFileId(), $editorFile->getRevision());

with

$reviewFile = $sectionEditorSubmission->getReviewFile();
SectionEditorAction::setCopyeditFile($sectionEditorSubmission, $reviewFile->getFileId(), $reviewFile->getRevision());

If you don't have ssh access, you can grab the file by ftp, make the changes, and then ftp it back in place, and everything should work. Give it a try, and let me know how it turns out.

You may want to back up the original file to be on the safe side.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby joannal » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:06 pm

Thank you so much - it worked!
joannal

Return to OJS Technical Support