OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Extra ; after quotations

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Extra ; after quotations

Postby salavat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:47 am

I have installed and set up a journal at http://www.ibsu.edu.ge/journal then I have added information to about section. There I have faced the following problem, after each " (quotation sign) additional symbol ; is added. For example, the expression "edition" happens to come out ";edition"; and each time after saving that page one more ; is added to that expression, and it keeps to continue ";;edition";;. Look for more example at the About/Author Guidelines. It happens around the site, in any place after inserting quotation marks.
I am suspicious of the configuration of the server - something wrong either with PHP or with MySQL configuration. How this issue can be solved.
salavat

Re: Extra ; after quotations

Postby smiri » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi salavat,

This is a weird problem. I've seen mysql adding \ for security reasons, but not ;.

Have you changed the OJS code in any way?

If not, then i would assume it's some sort of security by either PHP or Mysql. If you're using a hosting company, I would suggest asking them why this is happening.

Regards,
smiri

Return to OJS Technical Support