OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Multi-page HTML galley?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Multi-page HTML galley?

Postby boiserm » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 am

I'm on a team working to build an academic journal that accepts alternate media formats, like video, flash, audio, and more elaborate HTML submissions than just a simple one-page document, and I'm curious: is it possible to have a multiple-page HTML galley, with hyperlinks between the individual pages?

Thank you!
boiserm

Re: Multi-page HTML galley?

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:06 am

Hi boiserm,

You can easily uploade multiple files per article -- audio and video files will work, for example. I haven't tried flash files, but I don't see a problem with that either. And of course, multiple HTML and/or PDF files can be uploaded per article. All of these files can be uploaded during the Layout Editing phase, as Galley files; they will appear as links on the ToC, in the order you designate from the Layout editing page.

Technically, you can link between HTML files. This becomes a little difficult, however, as OJS automatically renames the uploaded files to adhere to its own naming convention. If you were to upload a file called page1.html, it would be renamed to something like 27-43-1-PB.html. So the Layout Editor would either have to anticipate the about-to-be-assigned name and edit hyperlinks accordingly, or upload the documents and have the Journal Manager upload edited files through their User Home --> Journal Manager --> Files Browser.

I don't know what kind of team you have working on the journal, but this may be an area where writing a plugin would be of use, if you have the requisite skill. Let me know if that would be of interest, and I can give you more information on how to go about doing so.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Technical Support