OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Section Editors assigned to a submission

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Section Editors assigned to a submission

Postby svillanueva » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:38 am

Hello,

I have assigned some section Editors to a section of my journal. When an author submit an article to the same section, then all the section Editors (of this section) are automatically assigned to this submission and that's a problem for me. I would like to know how to skip that automatic assign and let the Editor select the appropiate section Editor.

Thank you,

Sergi Villanueva.
svillanueva

Re: Section Editors assigned to a submission

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi Sergi,

If you remove the section editors from those particular sections, they won't be automatically assigned to articles submitted to that section; any submitted articles will stay in the editor's "unassigned" queue, where you can then assign them to a section editor of your choice (your to yourself, for that matter).

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Section Editors assigned to a submission

Postby svillanueva » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:31 am

Ok James, thanks :-)
svillanueva

Return to OJS Technical Support