OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Fatal Error Help Please

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Fatal Error Help Please

Postby joannal » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:43 pm

Hello!

When I attempt to click on the Browse "By Title" link I end up receiving this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/httpd/vhosts/(hostname)/httpdocs/journal/classes/issue/IssueAction.inc.php on line 53

I am running the latest version of OJS, and this is the link the error is on:
http://(hostname)/journal/index.php/(journal path)/search/titles

Unfortunately, I'm not the one who installed any of this and I am not very inept with php or my mySQL...

Is there any easy fix for this or another thread I can look up that's related to this?

Thanks very much for your time!
joannal

Re: Fatal Error Help Please

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi Joannal,

You can take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2197&p=7408&hilit=browse+by+title#p7408

Which seems to be reporting the same problem. You most likely have some articles that were previously published, but whose issue no longer exists. Since it looks like you've only got a few test articles, the best thing to do would be to check your article archive (found under User Home --> Editor --> Archives), find the article that has been published but is not listed in your current issue, and removing it from publication. You can do that as follows:

From the Archives page you've just navigated to, click the article title. Then click "Summary" near the top of the page. Scroll halfway down the page, and click "Archive Submission". You can skip the email that this step generates -- just make sure that you click either Skip or Send Email for the step to commit.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please let me know!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Fatal Error Help Please

Postby joannal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:49 am

Wow - thank you very much! It worked :)
joannal

Return to OJS Technical Support