OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Visibility of header title

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Visibility of header title

Postby jn122 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:45 pm

Sorry to post yet another question (hopefully my last for the short term)

I am trying to get rid of the heading title 'JOURNAL NAME' that appears under the banner image. Rathr than delve into any .tp code I was wondering if this is achievable through CSS. The relevant entry is

#headerTitle {
text-align: right;
margin: 0em 0em 0em 0em;
padding: 0em 0 0 0;
width: 900px;
}

Not being proficient in either code or CSS, can someone advise if their is a command such as visibility: hidden that would apply to the text and leave the banner? Inserting visibility:hidden; hides the header as a whole, text and banner.

Thanks again in advance
jn122

Re: Visibility of header title

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi jn122,

Can you check in Journal Management --> Setup --> Step 5, and tell me if your banner image has been uploaded as a title image or a logo? If you've uploaded it as a title image, it should replace the Journal Name at the top of each page; but if you've uploaded it as a logo, it'll appear to the left of the name, which I suspect is what's happening.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jn122 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:40 am

James

Thanks so much, problem sorted - as simple as it was for the life of me I couldn't get the image to replace the title UNTIL your reply...the missing step was checking 'Title Image' - I had uploaded the image but failed to note the select change in the checkbox.

Cheers and thanks
jn122

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:43 pm

No prob, jn122, this kind of thing happens to the best of us!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Technical Support