It is also possible to upgrade by downloading the complete package for the
latest release of OJS:
- Download and decompress the package from the OJS web site
- Make a copy of the config.inc.php provided in the new package
- Move or copy the following files and directories from your current OJS
- Your uploaded files directory ("files_dir" in config.inc.php), if it
resides within your OJS directory
- Replace the current OJS directory with the new OJS directory, moving the
old one to a safe location as a backup
- Be sure to review the Configuration Changes section of the release notes
in docs/release-notes/README-(version) for all versions between your
original version and the new version. You may need to manually add
new items to your config.inc.php file.
Upgrading the OJS database
After obtaining the latest OJS code, an additional script must be run to
complete the upgrade process by upgrading the OJS database and potentially
executing additional upgrade code.
This script can be executed from the command-line or via the OJS web interface.
If you have the CLI version of PHP installed (e.g., /usr/bin/php), you can
upgrade the database by running the following command from the OJS directory:
$ php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
If you do not have the PHP CLI installed, you can also upgrade by running a
web-based script. To do so:
- Edit config.inc.php and change "installed = On" to "installed = Off"
- Open a web browser to your OJS site; you should be redirected to the
installation and upgrade page
- Select the "Upgrade" link and follow the on-screen instructions
- Re-edit config.inc.php and change "installed = Off" back to
"installed = On"
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest