OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editor notification

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Editor notification

Postby mlapl1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:46 pm

Hello

Hopefully this is a simple question.

I am playing with OJS. When making a submission an author uploads a document. They also upload comments. I was under the understanding that the Editor would be notified and that the submitter's comments would forwarded. As far as I can tell, no message was forwarded to the editor nor were the submitter's initial comments ever relayed to the editor. Have I got this wrong or should notification of submissions etc have happened?

Thanks for your help
Andrew
mlapl1

Re: Editor notification

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi Andrew,

Upon completion of the submission process, the OJS system automatically sends an acknowledgement email to the author. The Journal Manager can enable a notification email to be sent to the journal's primary contact, and/or another email address, by filling in the information in Journal Setup Step 3.6. Have you filled out Step 3.6? If you have, and you are still not receiving emails, you may have a system problem -- so please let me know.

If the author enters comments into the submission form, the Editor can see those comments when he views the article submission summary (he has to log in and view his editing queue for this) -- they aren't actually emailed anywhere.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mlapl1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Hi James

Thanks very much. Actually, I had not filled in section 3.x I will do that and expect it will be ok.

However, in terms of comments by authors at submission time, I still do not see them in the submission summary. I see everything else, though, but no comments. Does the appearance of comments, or lack thereof, have anything to do with section 3 or any other setup issue????

Best wishes
Andrew
mlapl1

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:39 pm

Hi Andrew,

Actually, the lack of author comments under the submission summary looks like a bug introduced into OJS 2.2. I'll report it, and get back to you on the results soon.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mlapl1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:51 pm

Thanks James,

cheers back to you
Andrew
mlapl1

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi Andrew,

I've reported your second problem here as a bug:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3204

You can keep an eye on any further notifications/patches etc. from there.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Technical Support