OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Migration to 2.2. Problem with language in galleys

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Migration to 2.2. Problem with language in galleys

Postby SergioRuiz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:05 am

Hi there!

Today I migrated OJS to version 2.2 and I had a problem with the language used in article galleys. Basically it didn't show ABSTRACT-HTML of the articles, and you can suppose it was a big problem.

Here is how I solved it. The problem was that by default the system assigned English language to all published articles. As the journal is in Spanish it just didn't show them. I installed English locale, then with admin user I could change each galley to Spanish, so it would let them appear in the summary. But it was 76 articles! First of all, backup files and database. I found table article_galleys, field locale. All of them were en_US. I changed all of them using the following SQL sentence

UPDATE article_galleys SET locale='es_ES'

Now my articles are back! :-)

I hope it might help to someone with the same problem. Best regards from Spain,

Sergio Ruiz - http://www.revistaesalud.com
SergioRuiz

Return to OJS Technical Support