Today I migrated OJS to version 2.2 and I had a problem with the language used in article galleys. Basically it didn't show ABSTRACT-HTML of the articles, and you can suppose it was a big problem.
Here is how I solved it. The problem was that by default the system assigned English language to all published articles. As the journal is in Spanish it just didn't show them. I installed English locale, then with admin user I could change each galley to Spanish, so it would let them appear in the summary. But it was 76 articles! First of all, backup files and database. I found table article_galleys, field locale. All of them were en_US. I changed all of them using the following SQL sentence
UPDATE article_galleys SET locale='es_ES'
Now my articles are back!
I hope it might help to someone with the same problem. Best regards from Spain,
Sergio Ruiz - http://www.revistaesalud.com