OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Please read: Book review process

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Please read: Book review process

Postby rania » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:40 am

Greetings all!

I have a question for the OJS team and all of you who are implemented the OJS and I would be deeply appreciated if you could help me. :)

As I have noticed in the demo page of OJS http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/demo/present/index.php/demojournal/issue/current an in many implementations of OJS there is a "Book Review" or "Review" section.
I would like to know if anyone has implemented a Book Reviewer Role in OJS. I would like to have many Book Reviewers and have the Book Review Editor assign a book to be reviewed to one of them. Anyone who have done it and who could give me some hints....?
Or, if this is not the case, what is the workflow of a Book Review to be published and how do you bypass the non existence of book reviewer.

Thank you in advance.

Rania
rania

Re: Please read: Book review process

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:08 am

Hi Rania,

Currently, all articles are treated the same, i.e. OJS doesn't differentiate between peer-reviewed articles and book reviews. If you see a journal that publishes book reviews, it just means an editor has probably submitted the review article to a section called "Book Reviews" and skipped the peer-review process, but otherwise followed the same workflow as for any other type of article.

You can configure the Book Reviews section to be submitted to by editors only (available as an option in the Journal Manager's "Sections" interface in the Edit page). Editors can solicit book reviews e.g. by email, compile them as necessary, and then submit them themselves by granting their Editor accounts an Author role in addition.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Please read: Book review process

Postby rania » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:31 am

Alec,

thank you for your quick reply and help as always. :D
I will discuss this possibility with the people responsible for the 3 journals we are planning to use in OJS.
Otherwise I will have to create a Book Reviewer role and the workflow, respectively.
I hope that it is not a very difficult task.
In any case I'll keep you informed and upload it in case someone else needs it. :D
Again, thank you very much!

Rania
rania

Return to OJS Technical Support