OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Modifying the supplementary file upload page

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Modifying the supplementary file upload page

Postby rania » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:37 am

Hello!
I am a little new on the OJS. Nice job, by the way.
You've just installed it and I was asked to make some minor changes.
Specifically we would like to change the "upload Supplementary file" process, by adding a checkbox with the type of the file. Also, depending the type of the file, we would like perform a check before uploading (e.g if it is an image, it must be .jpeg and of some color depth).
Should I write a plugin and call it during the process? Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Rania
rania

Re: Modifying the supplementary file upload page

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:35 am

Hi Rania,

It would be very difficult to modify the Supplementary File form using a plugin, so I'd suggest modifying the form itself. I'd suggest keeping a backup of your modifications as a patch so that it's easy to see where you changed the source code and what changes were made.

The supplementary files form is implemented in the following files:
  • classes/submission/form/SuppFileForm.inc.php
  • templates/submission/suppFile/SuppFile.tpl
  • templates/submission/suppFile/SuppFileView.tpl
  • dbscripts/xml/ojs_schema.xml (in the article_supplementary_files table descriptor)
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Modifying the supplementary file upload page

Postby rania » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:04 am

Hello Alec.
Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes, I've noticed that and started modifying some of the files you've mentioned.
I think we must add some other files, like in templates/author/submit/step4.tpl, no?
Thank you for all the information. I'm starting to understand even more the design of ojs and it's really nice job.
Furthermore, I've noticed that some plugins I was looking for, that they have been already implemented in the svn.
I'll let you know how it goes...
Thanks again
Rania
rania

Return to OJS Technical Support