OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Hints on manual payment workflow needed

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Hints on manual payment workflow needed

Postby istoyanov » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:37 am

Currently, I am testing the OJS payment module and because I don't have a PayPal developer account for testing I decided to enable the "Manual Payment" option for the test journal and have set a manuscript processing fee. When finishing the manuscript submission as author I reach the payment instructions (some dummy text to check if these appear OK) but afterwards the submission remains of status "Incomplete". The Journal Manager receives an e-mail saying that "A manual payment needs to be processed for the journal Test Journal and the user John Doe (username "jdoe"). The item being paid for is "Article Submission". The cost is 10 (EUR). This email was generated by Open Journal Systems' Manual Payment plugin." How should I proceed with the manuscript processing? The submission doesn't appear in the editor's queue either. And the "Journal Help" doesn't contain any hints to the "Fee Payment Options".

I'd be very grateful for any hints!
istoyanov

Re: Hints on manual payment workflow needed

Postby jalperin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:16 pm

stoyanov,

Thank you very much for testing the payment module. You are right in being confused as to the right workflow for these payments. In fact, at the moment there is no adequate workflow for submission payments via the Manual Payment plugin. At the moment, the manual payment plugin can only be used for subscriptions, donations, and publications. In the short term, this will be corrected.

A notice to this effect will be added immediately. In the short term, this limitation will also be removed by some means as of yet to be determined.

Again, thanks for your testing efforts.

Juan Pablo Alperin
jalperin

Postby istoyanov » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:00 am

Thank you very much for the feedback, Juan!

BTW, I'd like to know if there is an adequate workflow for the submission payment option when using PayPal? From your post I've got the impression that the PayPal module doesn't have the mentioned limitations. Am I right?
istoyanov

Postby jalperin » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:07 pm

Some changes have gone into the payment module for 2.2 that hopefully facilitate the workflow for both manual and PayPal options. Have a look at the new interfaces for the editors and during the submission process and let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Juan Pablo
jalperin

Return to OJS Technical Support