OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem import/export

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problem import/export

Postby ntorres » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:39 am

I'm using ohjs 2.1.1. On Wednesday 24 i was trinyin the import/export plugin. When I try to export some articles I got this error message:

"The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/dtds/native.dtd'. "

When I tried to connect to pkp home page I can't ...
The plugin works with online dtd? If I can't connect to pkp url I can't use the improt/export plugin?

Thanks
ntorres

Re: Problem import/export

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:21 am

Hi ntorres,

It sounds like you're using Internet Explorer, which tries to process the XML for display, gets confused, and shows an error message. If you want to save the XML export to your local machine, right-click the export link and use "Save Link As..." (or equivalent) to download the XML export to your hard disk.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ntorres » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:55 am

Thanks, but I get this error message using Firefox on Windows.

After this I try to connect to the resource (http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/dtds/native.dtd) and I can't surf on OJS www.
The XML plugin to import/export articles and issues needs read dtd from ojs url?

Some times it works and It displays xml..
ntorres

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:50 am

Hi ntorres,

The link to the DTD works fine for me -- Firefox tends to display blank pages when given DTDs, so double-check that it's not working by viewing the page source.

If you're having intermittent problems extracting XML, it may be that you're encountering your PHP installation's memory_limit setting. If so, it should be logged in your Apache error log (or equivalent).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ntorres » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:09 am

If I need export more than one articles i can't use "Save as .." .
When I use the "select all" button to export articles i get a blank page; and if i try the same with issues i return to pluggin home page. I I check some or all manually it works ok.

I review my PHP instalation and it's ok. Al apache log I found this message when export articles usin "Select all" button:

[error] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getSectionId() on a non-object in /opt/ojs-2.1.1/classes/search/ArticleSearch.inc.php

Thanks
ntorres

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:33 pm

Hi ntorres,

That fatal error message sounds to me like a database inconsistency, but it's hard to know without your dataset on hand. Which export plugin are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support